Throwback Tuesday :P I made this in 2010, and it seems it’s growing more relevant every day
The first of a five-page comic where Seiko’s big brother, Peng, teaches her how to earthbend. This takes place many years in the past—I suppose they’re about four and seven. Seiko misses her brother terribly; he was killed shortly after he was drafted into the Earth King’s army at the tender age of 14.
Page One~You are here
but for the earthbending element
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed drawing it.
The Legend of Korra Book 4 Facts and Rumor Roundup
The Final Season
Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 4:
- Book 4 will be 13 episodes long.
- Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 4.
- Book 4 will constitute the end of The Legend of Korra.
- Jason Isaacs (Zhao, Book 4 likely a new character), Jason Marsden (Aye-Aye, Huan), and Anne Heche (Suyin Beifong) recorded at least one scene with Kiernan Shipka (Jinora). source
- Korra will still have fight scenes. sources 1 & 2
- Korra and Katara have a scene together. source
- Book 4’s villain will be a new threat, not a direct tie to the Red Lotus. source
- The Airbenders will take on a peackeeping Jedi Knight-like role. source
Book 4 production progress:
- 25/08/2014 - Book 4 is “essentially done” with post-production being worked on for the “rest of .” source
- 25/08/2014 - Book 4’s dialog recording is complete, and the cast will return to do grunts and other natural sounds when animation is complete. source
- 06/06/2014 - The design/color stage of production is “in the home stretch.” source
- 07/03/2014 - The animatic stage of production is complete. source
- 11/09/2013 - Voice recording is likely complete based on the fact that it has been ongoing since at the latest September of last year.
Unclear information / rumors:
- Book 4 is rumored to be titled Balance. This is claim is completely unfounded but possible.
- Given that Book 1 focused on Korra learning Airbending, Book 2 on the Water Tribes conflict, and Book 3 on the Earth Kindgom, it is likely Book 4 brings us to the Fire Nation and current Fire Lord, Zuko’s daughter.
- Kuvira (voiced by Zelda Williams) was name-dropped several times in the finale seemingly without purpose, as well as having a sinister musical theme play when introducing herself. For these reasons it is likely she is being set up for a bigger role in Book 4, possibly as a villain.
- Book 4 is rumored to have a January 2015 release based on the fact that this is when the Book 3 Artbook comes out, and the previous Artbooks have had releases timed approximately with the next season. Beyond this grasping-at-straws connection, January seems like a reasonable release time considering how far along production is and the fact that online distribution eliminates Nick’s scheduling issues.
- Bryke have stated that 2014 was Korra’s last big SDCC panel, meaning that Book 4 will be released before summer of next year. This further supports the Q1 2015 rumor, as well as the likelihood of us getting our first look at Book 4 at NYCC this year, October 9th-12th.
More and more Book 4 information should be coming out soon, and this post will be kept up-to-date as it happens!
If only this was true.
It is true…in my mind and fanfiction:
Well, I finally finished my Korrasami chibis! Above are them in their “natural” outits (of my creation; I figure about 2-3 years after the Anti-bending Revolution), and then Asami and Korra in their fancy outfits. It was difficult to come up with pretty evening attire while retaining the Avatar flavour, but I think (I hope) I succeeded.
Art, outfit designs c- me
Characters c- Nickelodeon
I’ve recently fallen back in love with my OTP, Korrasami, and as such, have been working on a lot of fanart. I was finally able to finish this Korrasami fanfiction (started April, finished last night), which focuses not quite on the coming together of these two beautiful characters, but on Korra’s coming-out and her struggle against society. I hope to write a next chapter. I am utterly stuck for a creative title; feel free to suggest some!
Characters Avatars Hyung, Yue, Yanesha, Vorin c- me
Story c- me
All else c- Nickelodeon
There’s a fine line between peace and insanity, one which I was all too familiar with. I’ve come up to the line many times before, and here I am again. Again, I prepare to cross into madness.
The world has been at peace lately, thank the spirits. But I have not. I have not had a moment’s silence in weeks; my mind has been overwhelmed with strange, frenzied thoughts, most of which revolve around a single person.
It’s her, that beautiful woman with eyes of peridot, hair of onyx, and dark, painted lips. They call her Asami Sato, but I would call her a goddess.